Amira is of Egyptian and Russian descent and has lived in New York City most of her life. She attended LaGuardia High School for the Performing Arts, the Fame school, for voice and continued her musical studies at University of Miami’s Frost School of Music. There, she focused in Bruce Hornsby's Creative American Music Program majoring in music business and songwriting/production. Unfortunately, she encountered severe vocal issues, which forced her to stop singing for two years. With surgery and voice rehabilitation, Amira was able to overcome her vocal issues, graduate, and return to New York City determined to keep pursuing her dream of music.
In 2015, Amira traveled to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, writing and performing in top venues including No Black Tie, Ril’s, The Bee at Publika, and Star Cafe. Since moving back to New York City, Amira B is in top form singing up a storm of her powerful, original R&B/Soul, with a hint of Funk. She’s been compared to artists like Joss Stone, Leona Lewis, Amy Winehouse, Beverley Knight, and Corinne Bailey Rae (Songwriting Magazine).
Amira independently released her debut album Defined on June 16th, 2017, which is available everywhere. Past venues include: Sofar Sounds (NYC, LA), Rockwood Music Hall (Stage 1 & 2), American Beauty, Mercury Lounge, The Bowery Electric, Pianos, Arlene’s Grocery, The Bitter End, Shrine, Silvana, Merkin Concert Hall, Noble, The DL, Nobody is Perfect, C’mon Everybody (BK), Gold Sounds (BK), Williamsburg Music Center (BK), Trans Pecos (BK), Genghis Cohen (LA), Molly Malone's (LA), Ham & Eggs (LA), Hotel Utah (SF).
- Six Questions with Indie Minded
- The Deli Magazine reviews Defined and announces Pianos residency
- Track x Track on Speak Into My Good Eye
- AXS streams full length album Defined
- Songwriting Magazine premieres "Impossible"
- GroundSounds features "I Am Defined" and "Wouldn't I Like to Know"
- All Things Go premieres "Wouldn't I Like to Know"
- Atwood Magazine premieres "I Am Defined"
- GroundSounds premieres "Just Another Thing" single
- Breaking and Entering's Five to Watch Presented By JBL Professional: February 2017